FORUMS: list search recent posts

74 Warning (Asynchronous Video Input)

COW Forums : Sony SRW Decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard Wirth
74 Warning (Asynchronous Video Input)
on Sep 25, 2011 at 4:06:36 am

I'm getting a 74 Warning (Asynchronous Video Input) from our SRW5500 which would indicate the HDSDI input signal and the external sync signal are more than 5H out of phase. Needless to say, the video is unusable.

We're feeding the 5500 from an Avid Symphony/Nitris in another building by fiber. The Avid is locked to a slave sync generator genlocked (and timed) to the master sync generator. The SRW5500 is locked to the master generator. The scope in the tape rack (also on the master generator) still shows the incoming signal is locked and horizontal timing is within the 5H tolerance.

Everything was working fine until we recently experienced a complete power outage. That's the only thing I can point to that can be considered a change. The decks were not turned on so I'm assuming they couldn't have been affected.

I've tried the primary and backup fiber path with identical results from both.

Switching the Avid from external reference back to internal doesn't seem to make any difference in the signal, although I do see it unlock and relock on the scope so I know it's functioning.

Our HDW1800 accepts the same remote signals without a problem.

The 5500 locks to other sources running from the master generator without a problem.

What am I missing here?

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
Re: 74 Warning (Asynchronous Video Input)
on Sep 26, 2011 at 8:19:03 pm

Just a couple of things that may or may not help:

- in Avid Video Output setting, you can change the offset for sync. I always try to make sure this is set to default (clicking the little arrow button beside the number resets it) - ALSO here you could slip the signal line by line so you might get a match that way (it did not ever lock for me when I tried this, YMMV)

- Perhaps some offsets were already calculated into your sync generator/DA and these were reset on power loss?

- tried a digital cut? Opening the Digital Cut dialog will show the little green dot in the upper right if your output signal is actually locked to a sync signal. Otherwise it'll be greyed out.

- scope might show video relocking, but if local scope and local Avid are locked to the same ref signal, it might not be the signal your deck locks to.

I had this problem sending sync and regenerating it with a card - Avid would be off compared to deck. The solution in my case was to remove the reclocking card, send original signal the whole way and D/A it on the receiving end to bump it up enough to lock. Not the greatest, but with sync as you know, what works works.

Return to posts index

Richard Wirth
Re: 74 Warning (Asynchronous Video Input)
on Sep 27, 2011 at 11:33:39 pm

Thanks, Mark!

I'll try these suggestions and let you know if any of them work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]