FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony SRW-5500

COW Forums : Sony SRW Decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vernon Harveaux
Sony SRW-5500
on May 4, 2010 at 6:18:40 pm

I have a project coming up soon and was just wondering if anyone has tried doing an AES layback (Audio Only) to one SRW-5500 deck and at the same time having a second SRW-5500 deck use 1st SRW-5500's HD-SDI output & time code to lay back audio (again, audio only) to a second tape? If so what settings do I need to look at? I'm assuming there will be some menus that will need adjusting.

Here's a more information:

We have two tapes per show w/ Video already on them that need all 12 audio tracks recorded to these tapes.
We have our Pro Tools system drive a SRW-5500 deck and we can layoff AES audio in sync every time.
I want to get a second SRW-5500 deck and do all audio layoffs to both tapes at the same time. #1-AES (SRW-5500 #1) and #2-Embedded SDI audio (SRW-5500 #2) sourced from the 1st SRW-5500 deck.

Thnx for your input.

Vernon Harveaux
South Park Studios

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Sony SRW-5500
on May 4, 2010 at 7:39:57 pm

There will be a lag of several frames from the input to the confidence output of the first SR deck. You might still be able to do this but it would be better executed using an HDSDI distribution system... and it will be dependent on having your edit controller being able to address multiple recorders.

jPo

This IS my blog!

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
on May 5, 2010 at 2:00:43 pm

If you were doing a clone on the second machine, you could probably get away with it (making sure you copy video, audio, and timecode over SDI). I haven't come up with a solution since using Lynx synchronizers to insert to two decks at once. Easier solution may be to rent another Pro Tools system to layoff to the other deck, if you absolutely need them done at the same time.

Return to posts index

Vernon Harveaux
on May 5, 2010 at 4:57:05 pm

Thnx for the responses. I agree that a second Pro Tools system would probably be the easiest. The Master Tapes are Color corrected and I don't want to mess w/ the video. Thnx again.

Vernon Harveaux
South Park Studios

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]