FORUMS: list search recent posts

Definitive downconvert delay settings?...

COW Forums : Sony SRW Decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Meek
Definitive downconvert delay settings?...
on May 4, 2010 at 1:48:19 pm

Hi there, there's been a lot of discussion about the 1 frame delay that some people have experienced. I'd like to ask specifically about the 1 frame delay that the SRW-5500 applies when downconverting HD to SD. I've been told it does this and have experienced it with various hired in decks when dubbing from SR to Digi but we have our own now and i'd love to know a definitive checklist of which menu settings should be set to compensate for this delay. What is the exact setting that causes the delay and where can it be found? Or are there numerous settings?

I thought i had it earlier but we did a test taking our video from the SD SDI out of the 5500 and it came in a frame early? ie the clock came in at 09:59:29:24 rather than 09:59:30:00 on the Digi(i'm in PAL land). I have been through the other posts and have literally set everything as suggested and we still get this weird 1 frame advance (not delay). I've been into the Phase set menu and changed everything to off or line as applicable, A10 is set to line, 618 to output, 305 to 1f. Not sure what more i can do. We're working in 1080 50i going from a 108050i SR master (SRW-5500) to a 625 digi (Sony DVW A500P). The SR is being fed 625 dual level sync. Could this be a problem? The deck does know it is being fed ext sd sync. We found that we actually had more inaccuracies by feeding it tri level sync and the regular SD sync solved that. Can't believe after all this time we still get this problem. We currently get around it by feeding HD pictures to our HDCAM then sending the downconverted output of the HDCAM to the digi. So the downconvert on an HDCAM (HDW-M2000P) works fine with no delay or advance, it is just this bloody machine!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]