FORUMS: list search recent posts

tele-file?

COW Forums : Sony SRW Decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marcus ionis
tele-file?
on Mar 16, 2010 at 9:36:34 pm

I was told not to place stickers over the Tele-File on the HDCAMSR stock.
However, I'm starting to see other facilities place their library code stickers on that area. Was I misinformed?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: tele-file?
on Mar 16, 2010 at 10:27:18 pm

I thought the admonishment was not to REMOVE the telefile sticker. Otherwise I think it is still readable under a paper sticker.

jPo

This IS my blog!

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
on Mar 18, 2010 at 4:16:28 am

Here's a good question though: what does anyone use Tele-File for anyway? I've been working with SR for years and never once have had to use that for anything.

Return to posts index

Mark Raudonis
on Mar 29, 2010 at 2:03:08 am

Telefile is an RFID sticker that is machine readable. So, you can encode metadata onto the RFID sticker
that is automatically readable by the deck. Things like reel number, show, studio, date, etc.

THe problem is that most people have neither the encoder, the reader, or the option on the deck, so
except for some major network or studio libararies, most people never use the telefile capabilities. The cost per sticker is also relatively high. It's a great idea who's time may never come.

I give Sony a lot of credit for developing the system, but it really hasn't taken hold within the industry.

Mark

Return to posts index

Jean-Christophe Boulay
on Mar 29, 2010 at 8:21:30 pm

A friend of mine at a major network confirmed Tele-File is perfectly readable through paper labels. They use the system (at least someone does) and still put their labels on there.

IHTH

JC Boulay
Technical Director
Audio Z
Montreal, Canada
http://www.audioz.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]