FORUMS: list search recent posts

SRW 5500 Red Image

COW Forums : Sony SRW Decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Newman
SRW 5500 Red Image
on Nov 13, 2009 at 12:41:38 am

Hello Everyone,

I was hoping to get some help on a little problem I'm having.

I just delivered a :30 spot to client with the following specs - HDCAM SR 29.97 1080i 4:4:4.

The client received the tape and sent it out to their local dub house to have dvds made. Their post house is having some playback issues.

The audio is playing fine but the video is showing as "red snow" on the external monitor and the deck's LCD. The specs are reading out the same on the deck as above. The red snow effect was described to me as like an old antenna tv that was switched to a channel not receiving a signal only instead of black and white the image was red. I've asked for a picture that I'll hopefully have tomorrow to post.

The tape was laid off on the SRW 5500 and is being played back on the same model deck at the other facility.

Of course we QC'd the tapes before we shipped to NY.

Let me know if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions.

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
Re: SRW 5500 Red Image
on Nov 13, 2009 at 3:19:29 pm

First thing I'd think is that the playback deck doesn't have the 4:4:4 card and format converter card installed. They're optional cards that cost an extra $10K+ each that allow the SRW-5500 to playback 4:4:4 tapes and convert to 4:2:2.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Nov 13, 2009 at 4:14:28 pm

My thoughts exactly. I got a 4:4:4 tape a couple of weeks ago that the shooter claimed was 4:2:2. The machine told me otherwise. Playback in 4:2:2 was garbage, but that wasn't the half of it, it was also shot in 29.97PsF.

jPo

This IS my blog!

Return to posts index

Chad Brewer
on Nov 25, 2009 at 2:35:52 am

Mark/Joseph,
You're both on the money. Just because someone has a SRW5500 doesn't mean it's fully optioned for 444 capability - gotta have the dough for that. Even if it does, you better have it wired correctly.

chad
TeleVersions Broadcast Video

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]