FORUMS: list search recent posts

SR edit to edit timecode issues

COW Forums : Sony SRW Decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jamie Mersola
SR edit to edit timecode issues
on Nov 7, 2009 at 6:51:47 pm

I have a simple question, or though it seems simple. I am experiencing a one frame delay when assembling from an SRW-5500 to another SRW-5500 in 1080i. My source material is 1080i/59.94, and i am simply restriping TC to hour one, matching first frames of video from the source. Video comes in one frame early despite any settings that i have attempted. This only occurs when my source regen mode is set to regen, either as Int-L or Int-V. Please help as it seems Sony has been unable to offer a fix.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: SR edit to edit timecode issues
on Nov 7, 2009 at 10:01:15 pm

Arrgh.

Seems like a lot of regen going on here... Are you restriping the "original" time code on the donor tape?

Have you attempted to simply clone the source to the clone using EXTERNAL code from the donor, either from an external dedicated TC line or down the SDI stream?

You may have to try to do an A/V only insert on a pre-striped tape if this is an edited master, since I don't know if this might be a field tape with discontinuous code....

jPo (SR5500 with 4:4:4 option)

This IS my blog!

Return to posts index

Jamie Mersola
on Nov 7, 2009 at 10:27:41 pm

Thanks for the response.

I received a master tape with 00:00:00:00 NDF TC. I striped my tape to 00:59:00:00, in which to through my assemble edit. Otherwise I would have used the SDI-V downstream for accuracy. It seems that no matter what, in Assemble mode the edit comes in 1 frame early.
I set out to hit first frame/field 1 at 01:00:00:00 and came in 1 frame early....everytime....in every mode (ie. LTC-regen, VITC-regen). I am not aware of a frame delay setting on the SRW5500 other than in the phase set, which didn't work either! I could understand a cross conversion issue but this is simple 1080i/59.94 to 1080i/59.94!!

Any ideas? Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Mark Spano
on Nov 9, 2009 at 4:35:18 pm

Hopefully my method makes it simple and accurate for you. Patch HD-SDI out from player to HD-SDI in at recorder. Patch RS-422 between decks. On BOTH decks, in TC menu, set TCR SEL Auto/REGEN SOURCE Int-L/TCG Mode AUTO/RunMode RECRUN. Make sure menu item 613 (TC Output) is set to OFF TAPE. Menu 618 should be set to OUTPUT. Menu 305 should be set to 1F. Menu 302 (preroll) should be at least 5 seconds.

The Phase Set menu should have all settings set to OFF and LINE where applicable. That's in SFT+DIAG/SFT+MAINT EXEC/OTHERS CHECK/ALT/PHASE SET.

Set your in points using the keypad (ex. type 01000000, SET, IN), Press AUTO so it's lit. Press PLAYER, set in point as above. Then press RECORDER and perform your edit. If all goes to plan, your edit should be frame accurate. If not, that's definitely the extent of what I know with the 5500.

Return to posts index

Chad Brewer
on Dec 1, 2009 at 1:40:23 am

Man, I'm always late on the posts in this forum because they don't have much traffic due to the costs of this equipment.
Mark, I like your knowledge of the 5500. It's like a maze of menus and settings.
There was a similar post before about TC vs. video being one frame off.
My question to the people having these issues is: What is your reference set to? Input, house sync of any sort, etc.? There could be problems there if sync to the deck is not corresponding to what flavor is video is being recorded..My guess at least....

chad
TeleVersions Broadcast Video

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]