FORUMS: list search recent posts

Insert Timecode Edit

COW Forums : Sony SRW Decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brendon Killen
Insert Timecode Edit
on Aug 31, 2009 at 1:37:12 am

Hi,

Probably a noob question, but how do I insert just timecode onto a HDCAM SR tape using the SRW-5800. I want to keep my vision and audio but just change the timecode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Dino Sanacory
Re: Insert Timecode Edit
on Aug 31, 2009 at 4:31:27 am

[AUTO], [F4], cue to your in point, [ENTRY] + [IN], [REC/EDIT], stand back.
asuming you've preset your timecode setting as needed for whatever you are trying to do.

This will only replace the LTC timecode. The VITC timecode remains the same as it is tied to the picture.

Practice on something of no value first.

Return to posts index

Brendon Killen
on Aug 31, 2009 at 6:11:55 am

Legend!

I totally understand everything you've said.

But let's assume I haven't "preset [my] timecode setting as needed for whatever [i'm] trying to do"

How do I set the timecode to whatever I want it to be?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Dino Sanacory
on Aug 31, 2009 at 12:26:22 pm

To start generating time code you need to preset a number that the deck will start recording at the edit point.

I cant recall the specifics for this one, in the timecode menu [TC] set for internal/preset. Enter the start timecode on the keypad, hit [SET] and I believe the soft menu is called "time", "timer", something like that.

It's the same thing you would do to preset a start timecode for recording on a blank tape.

Return to posts index

Brendon Killen
on Sep 1, 2009 at 12:58:26 am

ok cool that all works. However for some reason it records a grey screen rather than leave visuals as is.

How do I record the TC without also recording a grey screen?

Return to posts index

Chad Brewer
on Oct 28, 2009 at 1:07:10 am

Sorry this response is late, we own a 5500, but I didn't realize there was a forum just for this model until now. As well, I'm sure you've solved the problem by now, but are you sure you are choosing the insert TC and not the insert video in the menu? Choosing insert video by mistake in this circumstance will give you gray screen when there is no input to the deck.

The insert TC should not touch the video and the insert video should not touch the TC.

Hopefully you got the problem solved.
chad

Return to posts index

Brendon Killen
on Oct 28, 2009 at 1:21:49 am

Thanks for all the support! If you follow all the instructions here it will work fine.

The reason I was getting a grey screen was because our deck was installed incorrectly after been updated for dual stream. The two video inputs were around the wrong way hence the grey screen.

Return to posts index

Chad Brewer
on Oct 28, 2009 at 3:00:07 am

Wrong cable, wrong hole will kill everything from the start.
Glad you got the problem fixed though.
chad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]