FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sonry SR closed captioning

COW Forums : Sony SRW Decks

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Reeves
Sonry SR closed captioning
on Jul 27, 2009 at 7:55:54 pm

Hello there, our post facility is starting to do closed captioning for High Def this week and we have never done it before. We have done standard def closed captioning for digibeta many times but we are not sure how to configure the SR deck correctly. There isnt a lot of information on the net of how to do this so can anybody give me some tips. To my knowledge CC for HD is much different than SD, something to do with SD being on line 21 and HD CC being in the metadata, or VANC lines, something to that effect. We do have a CC encoder which does HD CC. Just need some tips on how to configure the SR, what to look for etc etc. thanks for your time.

Kevin Reeves
http://www.kappastudios.com

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Sonry SR closed captioning
on Aug 7, 2009 at 1:46:04 am

Final Cut Pro now supports VANC injection.
You've got an outboard encoder, so I think you just need to port the SDI through it... done.

There is a whitepaper on Handling Closed Captioning in the Apple online documentation for finalcutstudio/workflows.

For FCP direct they're using a Kona card as an encoder so that the VANC can be injected into the SDI stream. The Kona settings dialogue asks for a scenarist-formatted file (****.scc) As long as all the time codes line up you should be good to go.

I will probably be starting this soon, myself.

jPo

This IS my blog!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]