FORUMS: list search recent posts

OS X Mavericks update October 24, 2013

COW Forums : Maxx Digital

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Zelin
OS X Mavericks update October 24, 2013
on Oct 24, 2013 at 9:45:55 pm

Hi -
Maxx Digital products with Areca and ATTO host adaptor cards work with OS X Mavericks. Remember, when you upgrade, Maxx Digital can not assure you that your applications will work in Mavericks - just our drive arrays.

Maxx Digital Final Share is STILL BEING TESTED with OS X Mavericks, and we have not certified OS X 10.9 with Final Share, so DO NOT UPGRADE - if you do, you are on your own, until we finish testing.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
maxavid@cfl.rr.com

Return to posts index

Tate Jones
Re: OS X Mavericks update October 24, 2013
on Oct 28, 2013 at 1:17:53 pm

Thanks Bob, good to know. I assume that means all Thundershare products? Were any driver updates required?

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Colley
on Dec 14, 2013 at 4:48:52 pm

Any update to Final Share and Mavericks. I am looking to purchase a couple Mac Pros, when they final come out.

jeff

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Dec 14, 2013 at 7:02:46 pm

sorry for not updating this forum.
Since a week after it's release, all we use is OS X Mavericks on Final Share now. OS X Mavericks is very stable. It supports SMB protocol, so you can now connect PC's without having to use Thursby DAVE. And if you use 10gig direct connect networking, the speed is dramatically increased.

If you have an older Final share system, that is on Lion or Mountain Lion, you can continue to use this with new Mac workstations running OS X Mavericks.

So yes - everything works, in every combination.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
maxavid@cfl.rr.com

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Colley
on Dec 14, 2013 at 7:16:29 pm

Okay, I just wanted to make sure because of the trouble I had with my Thundershare and mac mini going to 10.8.5. I just wanted to double check before upgrading. If I have any trouble I still have the reboot of 10.8.4 you made for me so I can go back. Thanks. I let you know if any problems.

jeff

Return to posts index

Jeffrey Colley
on Dec 15, 2013 at 6:31:08 am

I'm not getting the same results. I tried a few options. I currently have mac mini Thundershare/FInalShare. This is currently running 10.8.3. System is good.

As you mentioned, I upgraded a couple of editing stations to Mavericks. First was a Mac Mini. Upgrade is perfect- No Problems. The AJA test show about 109 MB/s Read and Write Speed.

The Second Computer I upgraded to Mavericks is a 2010 Mac Pro. I only got 97 write speed and 52 MB/s Read speed. Read Speed seems to be very low. I remember, it being in the 90's when I was in 10.8.5. Any ideas???

I also tried upgrading the "San" Computer to Mavericks and things got worse. I had the same problems that I had when I went to 10.8.5. Speeds were bad. I immediately when back 10.8.3 with the boot drive you made for me a couple months ago.

Any ideas? Are you not getting these results. As of now I going back to Mountain Lion on the Mac Pro, However, I want to upgrade to the new Mac Pro computers when they come out. So I need some help.

Let me know.

Jeff

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
on Dec 15, 2013 at 4:04:12 pm

Hi Jeff -
well, lucky for you, you own a Maxx Digital system, that offers FREE SUPPORT every day of the week (and today is Sunday) - so you can simply CALL MY CEL PHONE at (407) 257 9157, and I will help you get thru this ! Call me now (today), and I will help you.

Bob Zelin

Bob Zelin
Rescue 1, Inc.
maxavid@cfl.rr.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]