FORUMS: list search recent posts

Great Solution! About EVO2K

COW Forums : Maxx Digital

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Steiner
Great Solution! About EVO2K
on Feb 9, 2010 at 8:55:59 pm

This is about the EVO2K 12TB (12 HDD RAID 5) on a 64bit Windows Vista Workstation.

For our application we needed to capture uncompressed RGB 24bit (8 bit per channel) 1080p60 video, around 373 MBytes/s (Data Transfer Rate).
With the Disk Speed tool from blackmagic-design I measured speeds from 820 to 925 MBytes/s using the EVO2K Raid from Maxxdigital.
We are able to playback two 1080p60 videos at the same time (for visual comparison).
This is really surprising as we were not expecting this kind of performance.

The setup and installation (even with Windows Vista) was quick and easy.
The System was already configured by Maxxdigital with the RAID 5 configuration as we had requested.
Basically, it was plug and play.

I called Kyle Lodge a few times to make sure I am installing everything correctly.
His response was always immediate and efficient. I was never put on hold or redirected to voicemail.
This is pretty unique. We bought 5x more expensive equipment from other companies and don’t get that level of support.

Also, before buying the EVO2K I had concerns regarding Windows Vista and hardware compatibility.
John Gylstrand helped me out with addressing all my concerns.
He scheduled teleconferences with their engineers to get immediate answers. I was really impressed.

Overall, what we got from Maxxdigital is not a product it’s an excellent SOLUTION!

Thanks a lot,

Martin Steiner
Karl Storz Imaging

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]