Media Backup and storage

COW Forums : Maxx Digital

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Uri Soglowek
Media Backup and storage
on Dec 15, 2009 at 3:01:05 pm

hi guys,

i don't know if this is the right forum but here goes:

i create A LOT of content. i shoot around 5 - 6 hours every week. then they all go to the edit bay, post and on to TV or websites.

right now i am working external hard drives. everything gets logged, tagged and backup (which means 2 of everything.

i am going through several external hard drives a month.

i was thinking to buy a Drobo but saw some post in other forums about a bug that the Drobo has and had to be sent back to the company to get fixed.

does anyone know anything about it?

the thing is - i live in israel and to get the Drobo shipped here is a big thing, so i would like to know all this in advance.

thanks a lot.

Uri Soglowek

Business and design tutorials
Inspirationpod.com

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Media Backup and storage
on Dec 15, 2009 at 10:13:01 pm

do you think that if you choose a Dobro, you won't need to keep adding more and more drives ? There are three kinds of media storage in our industry - Videotape, Data Backup tape (LTO4A), and hard drives. You can call it Maxx Digital, G-Tech, Dobro, Dulce, Lacie, Wiebetech, or anything else you want, but you need to KEEP BUYING DRIVES to continue to backup your media. If you don't like this solution, you can get a Quantum or Cache-LTO4A drive, which is an 800 Gig backup tape, and then you will buy a LOT OF DATA TAPES. Or, you can offload your shows onto videotape.

So, isnt' there something that you can just buy once, and not have to keep sinking money into ?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Ron Amborn
Re: Media Backup and storage
on Dec 15, 2009 at 10:33:31 pm

I agree with you bob. But Drobo and Wiebetech are not professional products and lacie is questionable as everyone I know has a lacie nightmare story. I advise that you use professional grade products with good support. You will be much happier in the long run.

Sincerely,
Ron Amborn President
Maxx Entertainment Digital
21562 Newland Street
Huntington Beach , Ca 92646
Direct 714-374-4944
Cell 714-713-4492 Fax 714-374-3404
ron@maxxdigital.com
http://www.maxxdigital.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved