AE keeps crashing with e3d, various messages

COW Forums : Video Copilot

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jacek Adamczyk
AE keeps crashing with e3d, various messages
on Mar 6, 2019 at 2:45:42 pm
Last Edited By Jacek Adamczyk on Mar 6, 2019 at 6:41:36 pm

Hi!
I just ordered the e3d yesterday, I worked perfectly for a few hours and made a quite simple object with it [albeit it took a lot of work].
Left the Mac overnight and suddenly the AE keeps crashing after a minute of work or so... : (
I tried everything - updated my IMac to the latest version of OS (which erased my crash log)... nothing... :/
I have latest AE CC, latest E3D, latest OS

I can't even render the composition in Premiere - throws "error compiling a movie".
Anyone, please? ☹

Also a lot of access errors like "After Effects warning: Unable to access resource 'UI_ProgressDialog (type XML)""

Specs:

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: AE keeps crashing with e3d, various messages
on Mar 6, 2019 at 6:58:50 pm

Well, you got a bunch of issues there...

The first two error messages indicate a corrupt video file.

AE access error doesn't sound good, it may mean the user account you're running AE from does not have proper access to the AE program folders. Perhaps a reinstallation of AE is in order. Or minimally resetting the preferences and/or checking that your user account has full access to the folders AE needs to function properly. Here's instructions for one of the folders (but it may not be the only one): https://helpx.adobe.com/after-effects/kb/fixing-startup-permissions-problem...

Your graphic card is not on the E3D supported graphics cards list, which could also be a problem.

https://www.videocopilot.net/assets/public/misc/Element-GPUs.pdf

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

Jacek Adamczyk
Re: AE keeps crashing with e3d, various messages
on Mar 6, 2019 at 7:05:56 pm

Okay, so here's the solution, because I lost a lot of time looking for it.

The project somehow got corrupted - I recovered almost the same project from the auto-save and it works perfectly.
E3d must have somehow broken it but it works fine now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
podcasts
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]