FORUMS: list search recent posts

New to the Cow and need ideas

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shayne Graham
New to the Cow and need ideas
on Jul 12, 2018 at 6:41:23 am

Hey All,

Thanks for having me, I work for a packaging company and I'd like to supply clients with a simply 3D style of what their job should look like on what ever packaging they choose, in this case carry bags.

I have had a bit of a play of Envelope Distort on the objects for the face and gusset, but there are too many steps with the way I'm doing it and I need to streamline the process for numerous reasons.

Any ideas, tips or hints? They would be greatly appreciated, or is there a third party program I could get and use?

Below is what I'm trying to achieve, again thank you!

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: New to the Cow and need ideas
on Jul 23, 2018 at 5:23:14 am

This is a text-book example for Photoshop smart layers. Photoshop can take linked layers from Illustrator and use the distort tools and other effects while retaining editability. In brief, you would have your set of base images of the bag and you would use one of two imported illustrator files to create all the variations. As long as those imported pieces of art are imported as smart layers, and every duplicate image is duplicated within photoshop, you can distort, color correct, etc all the variations in one document. Then when you need a different design, you double-click to open the smart layer and replace the one of two original files and all copies of the smart layer will be updated with the new image. Try with something simple that has two or three copies of the same smart layer.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]