FORUMS: list search recent posts

Saving SVG's in Illustrator

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Burch
Saving SVG's in Illustrator
on Feb 19, 2018 at 10:04:49 pm

Need a bit of help here. I'm using CS6 for all my graphic work. I'm also on a Macbook Pro. Many of my creative efforts are saved to the SVG format for importing into an embroidery program for stitch assignment. I've never had any issues in the past. Typically when I complete a design, I will save it as the normal "ai" extension, but will also save as an "svg". I must admit, my Mac has been a little glitchy as of late and I've done a couple of Time Machine reversions over the last month or so. The problem now is that whenever I save as an SVG, and then try to reopen the saved file, I get a window that tells me "this SVG is invalid, validate it before opening". I've never seen that before. Sorta odd,...was wondering if I've overlooked a changed setting of some sort? Also, when I look at the saved file in it's folder, it almost has the appearance of a document,...with some red writing up top (the same verbage..."this SVG is invalid, etc) Normally,...my SVG's just look like any other file. I'm stumped...any assistance if much appreciated !!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]