FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any suggestions for performance improvements with Illustrator CC 2017.1.0 Win1064bit

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Isaac Alves
Any suggestions for performance improvements with Illustrator CC 2017.1.0 Win1064bit
on Apr 7, 2017 at 11:21:05 pm

I seriously have a tough time keeping the software active. I've got 32GB of RAM on an AMD 9590 Eight-core 5GHz processor. The OS is on its own SSD and the Swap is on another. I've got a large spinning drive for work files and archive. I also have a dual GPUs in a SLI configuration.

Regardless, Illustrator starts to slowly lag and become unresponsive after about 2 hours of working on it. And this is on simple logo drawings, etc. I do have Skyfonts running from fonts.com but I've turned that off to see if that affects anything. Still gets sluggish.

More frustrating is that my WACOM Inuos Pro is almost useless now in Illustrator. Not Adobe's fault but something to do with Windows 10 and Wacom's decision to use the Windows Ink system drivers.

Any help or advice?

Return to posts index

Kurisuta vd Wilk
Re: Any suggestions for performance improvements with Illustrator CC 2017.1.0 Win1064bit
on Apr 13, 2017 at 12:01:42 pm

Did you find any solution ?
I'm having the same problem.

I also am looking for the purge option, there used to be an option to clear all cache in the preferences, but that also seems to be gone.
I guess this is the bottleneck, because only closing and reopen the program is a solution, but after a while its lagging again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]