Printing in the bottom left of a document in illustrator

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Davies
Printing in the bottom left of a document in illustrator
on Dec 22, 2016 at 10:39:31 am

Hi everyone,

Just found this forum so hello!

I have a question about print settings in Illustrator.

In Corel Draw you can set your print job to print in the bottom left corner (or right or centre or whatever) and I want to be able to do this in illustrator. Is it possible?

This is a requirement for our vinyl cut printers you see. Hense the odd request.

Thanks
Scott

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Printing in the bottom left of a document in illustrator
on Dec 22, 2016 at 2:14:47 pm

I'm not sure I understand.
My initial thoughts are:
1) If you want your art to print on a certain portion of a piece of paper, you would set the document to use an artboard at the appropriate size, then position the art accordingly.
2) You can set the center of an artboard by enabling Rulers, then drag the Ruler corner (where the 2 rulers meet), to any point on the artboard, to set the center.

I'm not sure either of these options address your issue. Let us know.

Vince

*Please remember to Like an answer if it solves your question or gives you a good idea.

Return to posts index

Scott Davies
on Dec 23, 2016 at 11:08:32 am

Hi Vincent,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, but unfortunately it doesn't resolve my problem ☹

I'm using a Roland BN-20 printer, which used a large roll of vinyl and a cutter to cut out letters (and simple one colour artwork) which is then weeded and pressed onto a t-shirt.

Unfortunately, without having an option to print specifically in the bottom left/bottom right of the document, it doesn't print correctly/wastes vinyl. ☹

Thanks!
Scott

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on Dec 23, 2016 at 3:15:32 pm

Hmmm. When I worked in a sign shop, I remember that the vinyl guy often talked about nesting and saving material, Editing the artwork, or duplicating the art, so it uses the whole roll width.

Another thing that might be an option. Adding some sort of registration mark to the artwork...
If your art is 3", and your roll is 12 inches, you could add a small X symbol that's about 9 inches off to the side art, making your vector the same width of the vinyl.
Just a thought.

Vince

*Please remember to Like an answer if it solves your question or gives you a good idea.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]