FORUMS: list search recent posts

Particle Tree Efficiency

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lucas Hitchcock
Particle Tree Efficiency
on Sep 14, 2016 at 2:29:59 pm

So I have been given the project to design a poster where I need to create a "Career Tree". The client wants the trees to look like this image.
She wants them to be similar but have variation in the direction of them. The end goal is a "forest" of these trees to be interconnected. What would be the easiest way to achieve this. If a particle system is needed in After Effects, how would I do that? My main concern is that I would not be able to stop the lines from overlapping.

Thanks in advance,
Lucas

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Particle Tree Efficiency
on Sep 14, 2016 at 11:01:34 pm

You would just draw it, using the pen tool.
Possibly enable View > Show Grid, and View > Snap to Grid.
When drawing, it might help to hold Shift, to constrain the 45 deg. angles.

It would take maybe 20 mins to 1 hr. to recreate that artwork, depending on proficiency.

Do you have any experience using Illustrator?

As a sidenote, I actually used that artwork in a commercial product :)

Vince

*Please remember to Like an answer if it solves your question or gives you a good idea.

Return to posts index

Lucas Hitchcock
on Sep 15, 2016 at 1:08:03 am

Yes I have been using illustrator for 4 years and have obtained my Adobe Illustrator Associate Certification. The problem with just tracing is that I need to have a much more complex version of that tree. There will be 4 sections all inter-connected. The project is 18x3 feet, so it needs to take up a lot of space. I was hoping there would be another way to achieve this other than using the pen tool and creating all the branches by hand. I was hoping there was some plugin or something similar to a trapcode plugin that would allow me to create nodes to connect and move as dynamic objects.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
on Sep 15, 2016 at 6:53:10 am

Vincent's method is definitely the way to go. That's how I would do it too. Plus you have arrowhead styles of open and filled circle you can use for the ends so you don't have to draw them separately.

The only other fast option I can think of is to buy one or more circuit board tree vector pieces of art and modify them.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]