FORUMS: list search recent posts

Illustrator BMP export of black shapes contains random white pixel

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anne Linner
Illustrator BMP export of black shapes contains random white pixel
on Sep 9, 2016 at 4:45:25 pm

Hi,
I could not find my problem in any forum so I try to explain my problem here and hope for help (I use AI CS6):
I created a new file with width and height of 48px (yes I want it this small, its for a small projector). Then I inserted black shapes (with full black filling). I exported it as bmp to get a 1bit depth of colors (black and white). But the AI always inserts random white pixel in the black shapes during export. The bmp has exact size but the black shapes have white dots then. Which kind of export options could cause this problem?? Could anybody help?

Thank you!!

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Illustrator BMP export of black shapes contains random white pixel
on Sep 9, 2016 at 5:08:52 pm

I'm not sure what the issue might be exactly. It sounds like the image is dithering, because the color your using isn't sufficiently 'black'. I'm not sure exactly how black it would need to be, at a minimum, but verify by setting all your color values for maximum black before export.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Re: Illustrator BMP export of black shapes contains random white pixel
on Sep 10, 2016 at 7:06:58 am

The other possibility is that the shapes are not on pixel edges, so you get the antialiased soft edges adding up to less than 50% at some corners where several shapes meet, and these convert to white upon export. Adding a small black stroke (.2 pixels could be enough) to everything should take care of that, if it is the case.

Kalleheikki Kannisto
Senior Graphic Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]