FORUMS: list search recent posts

Creating a hula hoop

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Esther van der Jagt
Creating a hula hoop
on Aug 30, 2016 at 5:23:10 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a question that's driving me crazy!I I have created a shape of a woman and want to have the hula hoop "wrap" around her. The hula hoop itself is an ellipse shape with no fill and just stroke. I tried cutting it in every way but I can't seem to get it right.

Can someone please help me?

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Creating a hula hoop
on Aug 30, 2016 at 5:29:36 pm

Use the scissor tool, and make only two cuts to the hoop, one just outside the chest on each side.
Then, select the part of the hoop that crosses the chest and Object > Arrange > Send to back.

This presumes that all objects are in the same layer.
Otherwise you would move chest-crossing part of the hoop to it's own layer and move this layer below the others, in the Layers palette.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Esther van der Jagt
on Aug 30, 2016 at 5:36:09 pm

Thank you sooo much! It worked!

Return to posts index

Esther van der Jagt
on Aug 30, 2016 at 5:44:33 pm

Thank you sooo much! It worked!

Where can I check my question has been solved? And how can I rate answers? Sorry for all the questions, I am new here.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on Aug 30, 2016 at 6:39:44 pm

You can just click the green thumb-up button, just below my answer. Thanks, it is helpful :)

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]