FORUMS: list search recent posts

Space Bar Not Working in Illustrator CS6

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jaeson Jrakman
Space Bar Not Working in Illustrator CS6
on Jul 18, 2016 at 4:56:57 pm

Hello,

I am working in Illustrator CS6, and all of a sudden the space bar decided to not work whenever I attempt to use the Type Tool and type out text. Additionally, typing out text in a word document with spaces, copying the text, and then pasting the text into the Type Tool in illustrator, pastes the text without the spaces.

I have done a bit of research on this problem, and found some solutions that seem to be connected to shortcuts. None of them work, and I don't really use shortcuts anyway. I'm specifically talking about the general typing of text with the Type Tool in illustrator.

Also some solutions suggested shutting Chrome/Firefox down, neither of which I have open. Additionally, there were solutions that suggested restarting the computer. I did that once and it worked for a while. The problem has since remanifested though, and this time restarting the computer twice has not solved the problem. The space bar still does not work when typing text with the Type Tool.

This is a legitimate copy downloaded from CS6. I fear that the solution will be to reinstall it, only because Adobe no longer sold DVDs, so I'd have to download the software again, and figure out what all of my password/username/registration number/authorization code/etc. stuff. I'd prefer not to have to spend 3 hours on the phone, so I'm hoping to avoid this solution, and I don't think Adobe provides phone support for CS6 anyway.

Thanks in advance to any help anyone can give.

Return to posts index

Jaeson Jrakman
Re: Space Bar Not Working in Illustrator CS6
on Jul 18, 2016 at 6:29:08 pm

Thanks for your response!

Strangest thing. So I left for lunch, and shut down my computer and let it sit, and started it up again when I returned, just to see if that would make a difference from just restarting it. I don't think it did.

But I opened AI as you directed here. I opened up a new file, and the space bar worked with the Text Tool. I opened up the working file that I was wor5king on previously, and the space bar wouldn't work with the Text Tool on that file. But I then typed out the text I wanted in the new file, copied it and pasted it into the working file I was working with, and it pasted just fine with the spaces.

I don't know what to think.

Return to posts index

Jaeson Jrakman
Re: Space Bar Not Working in Illustrator CS6
on Jul 26, 2016 at 3:13:21 pm

I found a work around. There must be something specific to the individual ai file, because I opened up a new project, created text, copied the text, pasted it into the original AI file, and the spaces maintained.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]