FORUMS: list search recent posts

Emergency:: Is there any way to open my PSD file with all of the layers still intact into Adobe Illustrator? It keeps opening as a flat image.

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Crystal Rodriguez
Emergency:: Is there any way to open my PSD file with all of the layers still intact into Adobe Illustrator? It keeps opening as a flat image.
on Jun 2, 2016 at 1:09:08 am

I have been designing the interface of an app for a friend on photoshop. I have all of my layers organized and ready to go for the app developer, but I need to convert the PSD files into AI in order for her to work on them. Every time I try to File>Open one of the files in AI I get a prompt that says:::

"This document has greater than 8-bit depth it will be imported as an 8-bit flat composite"

It then opens my file with all of the layers merged together as one flat image, leaving no room to edit anything! Is there any way to fix this at all? Is there any way I can open a PSD file into Adobe with all my layers still in tact? Can I increase the amount of bit depth in which Illustrator opens files? If I decrease my photoshop bit-depth will all of the layers open on AI?

Please help anybody!

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Emergency:: Is there any way to open my PSD file with all of the layers still intact into Adobe Illustrator? It keeps opening as a flat image.
on Jun 2, 2016 at 6:58:51 pm

"Editable" is a relative term, for Photoshop is basically bitmap whereas Illustrator is basically vector, but yes, if you change the mode to 8-bit and save it (as a new file so you don't override your original) you can open it with separated layers in Illustrator. Illustrator will do its best to keep things editable, but what's bitmap in Photoshop will remain bitmap.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]