FORUMS: list search recent posts

Turn off rounded corners

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry Smith
Turn off rounded corners
on Apr 25, 2016 at 6:25:59 pm

I got sophisticated and used some large elliptical paths for guides.

I made a bunch of shapes that are sorta skewed rectangles with a rounded arch on top. I just used the pen tool.

Those shapes are on two layers.

Then I started doing a third layer. The shapes came out fine, but I was going back to fine tune the lone pair of Bezier handles. But I can't really get to the handles. Doesn't help that the paths are grey for that layer. How can I change that? More importantly, there are all these rounded corner thingies that have showed up. No idea why they are there as there aren't any right angles and I didn't use the rectangle tool to make my shapes. How can I turn them off and just get to my path with my pen tool?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Turn off rounded corners
on Apr 27, 2016 at 12:01:47 pm

Layer color: double-click on layer, select a new color from Color pop-up

Corner thingies: View > Hide corner widget

Access to bezier handles of a corner point: If you have corner points with no visible handles, you may need to drag the bezier handles out from the corner point with the anchor point tool (select it from under the pen tool, or shift+C). It will convert the corner point to a bezier point. Once you have the bezier control points showing you can drag one of the control points with same tool to turn it into a corner point with handles.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]