FORUMS: list search recent posts

Livepaint gives inconsistent results in paths after expanding

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marc johnson
Livepaint gives inconsistent results in paths after expanding
on Apr 22, 2016 at 10:42:02 am

hello, I`m using illustrator CC 2015 with ample ram on quite a new mac.

I`ve noticed when expanding my live paint groups that sometimes, after ungrouping the paths, that sometimes they are either intact (full circles and rectangles as they were originally created prior to live paint), or they are cut where they intersect, as if I used "divide" on them in the path finder (which I did not)...

has anyone else experienced this deviation of results?
its frustrating as I prefer to have the paths as the original whole shapes after expanding, which I know is possible because I have done it a lot.

here is an example of after I have expanded and separated fills from paths, the paths are still intact full circles and ovals..

I dont know why I sometimes get this after using live paint...but it is what I would like as it is perfect for my workflow of drawing characters and then re-using the strokes in full again.

Return to posts index

marc johnson
Re: Livepaint gives inconsistent results in paths after expanding
on Apr 22, 2016 at 9:31:17 pm

ok now I realized if you want to retain the original shapes, you have to either paint the strokes the same colour inside of the live paint group, or prior to creating the live paint group, do not use fills, just use strokes on your shapes,and dont change strokes in the live paint group.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]