FORUMS: list search recent posts

wow......perspective driving me crazy

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve wilson
wow......perspective driving me crazy
on Apr 16, 2016 at 3:31:02 am
Last Edited By steve wilson on Apr 16, 2016 at 3:57:20 am

I spent the day trying to understand the different tools for changing the text perspective. In most cases everything I tried turn into a mess. I just got done unsuccessfully trying to change the text perspective with the perspective grid tool but no luck so here I am

I also tried the Effect - 3d - Rotate tool. I could tilt the text back but it did not look realistic. Maybe I need to do something else after using the rotate tool.

Here is what I want to do.

1. Type the text -- it does not have to be 3d -- actually I prefer 2d text so it looks flat.

2. Change the text perspective so it looks like it is lying flat on its back. The text will be placed on the floor of a building image.

3. I want to be able to still use graphic styles on the text without it changing the lying flat perspective that was created in step 2 above.

Any help would be appreciated. If you know what tool would be best to use, a little guidance on how to use it to achieve the perspective I want would be appreciated.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: wow......perspective driving me crazy
on Apr 16, 2016 at 7:09:12 am

The "Effect - 3d - Rotate" tool is the most realistic of them. There is a setting for camera view angle ("perspective") that should help in making it look right. A normal (human eye) angle of view is around 60 degrees.

If you have Photoshop. the Photoshop free distort tool is easier than the Illustrator 3D tools, it distorts the layer or selection in perspective based on four corner points that you can freely drag.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]