FORUMS: list search recent posts

Snapping To Sheared Edges?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Olmsted
Snapping To Sheared Edges?
on Mar 7, 2016 at 3:42:22 pm

Hello All,

I'm not an Illustrator expert, but I'd say I'm an experienced user. Primarily for designing logos, branding and prepping vector files for 3D.

I'm designing a logo and am running into an issue I've run into a million times before. I never found a solution in the past and always worked around it, but I thought I'd ask here before proceeding as I really need this to be precise.

I have a box. It is sheared 11 degrees to the right. I also have a circle. I need the circle to match up perfectly on the bottom edge AND the right edge, which is sheared outward. Obviously I can snap to the vertical and horizontal edges and can snap to other points, I can't snap to an angled edge.

Is this even possible to do? If not, is there a workaround I'm missing?

Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Snapping To Sheared Edges?
on Mar 12, 2016 at 6:42:30 am

You can copy the slanted shape, paste it into the same place and turn it to guides. You can then snap the circle to the guide. Although the success of this approach depends on where you grab the circle, as it is really the cursor that snaps to the guide, not the circle.

Also, you could just enlarge the view to maximum enlargement and do it manually.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]