FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transparent Edges after Corners have been Rounded

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vincent Terreri
Transparent Edges after Corners have been Rounded
on Nov 11, 2015 at 9:07:00 pm

This has been bugging me for some time. When I create a rounded-corner rectangle and save the image as a TIFF file, I can place the TIFF file in Illustrator or Photoshop and the "corners" that were removed by rounding don't show up. However, if I import the TIFF file into Word and put it on a colored background, little white triangular shapes show up.

If I select all of the components of the image, a little triangle appears at the corners where the rounded edges now appear.

How do I get rid of that white space? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best,

Vincent

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Transparent Edges after Corners have been Rounded
on Nov 12, 2015 at 3:35:21 am

For Word, I think you should be using transparent PNG images.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Vincent Terreri
on Nov 12, 2015 at 3:46:00 am

Vince,

Thanks for your reply. I've done that for some documents, but I was under the impression that TIFF files are better for sending to a printer. I've placed a TIFF file into InDesign and the frustrating little corners show up. For internal jobs and such that are printed here, PNG files are fine. I just want to make sure I have the highest resolution for the print shop.

I like your name, by the way.

Best,

Vincent

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on Nov 12, 2015 at 4:54:28 am

Vince ;)

Yeah, TIF is generally a good format for printers. I'm a huge proponent of the format. Virtually all of my raster project files are TIF.
I haven't worked with InDesign for a long time. I'm not sure how you'd currently use a masked image. Maybe you need to create an alpha channel from your mask.?
Printing from Word is also a bit out of my area, but you should be able to generate a PNG at the desired resolution, but no CMYK, which may or may not be an issue depending on the printing process. If its digital printing it might not matter if the images are RGB.
So many IF/THANs.
I'd check the InDesign forum.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Vincent Terreri
on Nov 13, 2015 at 5:30:11 am

Vince,

Thanks for your help on my transparency issue. To make a long story short, there was something wrong with the composition of the logo that I had made in Illustrator. It was the first logo that I put into place, so I thought it was an InDesign problem. But, when I brought a different logo in that I also produced in Illustrator, no problem with the little corners. There's just something about that particular logo that is a bit wonky.

I'll mark this thread "answered" and will look forward to hearing from you for my next question. I read some of your other posts and I thought they were great.

Peace,

Vincent

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]