FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scatter brush

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Korben Dallas
Scatter brush
on Oct 29, 2015 at 1:25:05 am

Hi!

Does anyone know if it is possible to create a scatter brush with more than one shape?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Scatter brush
on Oct 29, 2015 at 4:54:41 pm

Korben my man, you can duplicate the path in the Appearance palette and select a different brush.
We green?

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Korben Dallas
on Oct 29, 2015 at 5:54:01 pm

Hi Vince thanks for your reply, what i want to do is use letters to create something like this:
http://previews.123rf.com/images/jordygraph/jordygraph0905/jordygraph090500...
Maybe there is a script or something else.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on Oct 29, 2015 at 7:04:32 pm

I don't know of any scripts that would do this. There could be, but not that I'm aware of.
I'd bet this was done by hand. The artist had a structure, in this case an illustration of a brain. Then off to the side, they created a type object or expanded type of each letter, then copy/dragged each letter into place.
I'd estimate this would take 2-3 hours, but potentially as little as an hour.
If this request came across my desk I'd do it by hand.

I'm not sure how a script might achieve this. I'm sure it could. Maybe each letter is a symbol, and you make a script that somehow fills an object with random letters, set to random rotation and random size within a defined range, with no overlapping.
Or maybe populate the letters based on a greyscale raster.. Not sure if that's even possible.

That leads to why I think this was done by hand - the letters around the edges are flush with the edge.

Regarding the color, that can just be a single gradient applied to the art, after the structure is finished and you make everything a single compound path.

Maybe someone else will chime in with another idea.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Korben Dallas
on Oct 30, 2015 at 8:13:57 pm

I think it was done by hand too, but i was hoping there was an easier way to do it
Thank you for the tips!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]