FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I get this texture

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Vincentie
How do I get this texture
on Oct 23, 2015 at 1:20:04 pm

HI!

I would like to apply a texture like in the background of this picture, but how?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: How do I get this texture
on Oct 24, 2015 at 8:24:57 pm
Last Edited By Kalle Kannisto on Oct 24, 2015 at 8:27:13 pm

You'll need the texture as a black and white image. The preferable image would be full range (black to white), as opposed to very light or very dark.

When you have the texture, you should be able to place it in front of you flat background color, behind the text and change the blending mode to overlay or soft light. May need to adjust the opacity as well.

There is another effect, a vignette (darkening toward the edges/corners) on the background as well, which you could either do directly on your background color as a radial gradient or on a separate layer as an overlay.

Return to posts index

Tom Vincentie
on Oct 30, 2015 at 4:14:19 pm

Very nice! It worked, thanks for your help!

Got another one for you, how do i get an effect like this:

Thansk again!

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Nov 3, 2015 at 3:09:59 pm

Do you mean the yellow extrusion/bevel on the lettering? Or the texture?

Lettering: Duplicate your text layer, fill and stroke it with yellow and offset to down and right. Change the stroke of the top copy to same color as the background and fill to light yellow.

Texture: Easier to do with Photoshop (if you have and know the program). You basically need the texture that ONLY has those small "grunge" details and is otherwise transparent. Then you can put it atop the image (either in Illustrator or in Photoshop) and lower opacity some.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]