FORUMS: list search recent posts

Type on Path with Flat Top

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Rennard
Type on Path with Flat Top
on Oct 9, 2015 at 1:53:09 pm

Hello! This is a first post and I hate asking questions out the gate, but I'm in need! I've been using Illustrator and Photoshop for years but consider myself a novice. I only need to design when someone comes to me and has a quick need. Fortunately, I've been able to produce relatively well. However, I need to make the following and cannot find the best way to do it:

We really like how the top word "BARBER" has a flat top, even spacing and width, but the bottom flows on some sort of path. Not only does it flow, but the individual characters are transformed on the path as well. I started trying to individually transform each letter, which may work, but is really tedious. Is there a better way to accomplish this? Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Type on Path with Flat Top
on Oct 9, 2015 at 5:01:05 pm

You can achieve that with Object > Envelope Distort > Make with Mesh. Make the mesh 1x1. Then reshape. It works on live text or paths or whatever.
You'll get better results if you do it manually, as it seems like you're doing, manually adjusting the points of outlined type.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Type on Path with Flat Top
on Oct 13, 2015 at 5:57:52 pm

You can do this with two consecutive warps (Object>Envelope distort>Make with warp>):

1) "Fish" at -25%

2) Expand object

3) Warp "wave" -20%

This way you don't have to worry about the vertical lines becoming warped off-vertical.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]