FORUMS: list search recent posts

Keyboard Increment on Illustrator - different on 2 objects?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nikola Tomic
Keyboard Increment on Illustrator - different on 2 objects?
on Sep 18, 2015 at 1:55:37 pm

Dear Sirs

I am trying to set Keyboard Increments from 1px to 0.01px or whatever - one object is moving TOO FAST (more than 10 pixels) while the other object is moving as it should.

I've prepared you .ai file to try yourself - It is created in Adobe Illustrator CC and saved as CS6 for most of you to try.

It is very annoying problem I can not fix whatever I try. I've tried various things (disabling SnapToPoint, SnapToGrid, SnapToObject) - it just do not affect LEFT object in example file. I have to say that left object is a part of my drawing that was small and whole group was resized (scaled up) for bigger resolutions, whole is vector, but for some reason I can not "fix" keyboard movements in Illustrator.

Here is the file to download and try to fix left object to move as fast as right one (Right object moves as it is set in Illustrator settings - Keyboard Increment settings):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/965t0qebsz88imo/MOVEMENTs-problem.ai?dl=0

Any help?

Thank you very much!

Nick.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: Keyboard Increment on Illustrator - different on 2 objects?
on Sep 18, 2015 at 3:41:59 pm
Last Edited By Kalle Kannisto on Sep 18, 2015 at 3:42:36 pm

I opened the file in Illustrator CC2015, and they move the same speed for me on both 0.01 pixel and 1 pixel settings.

Return to posts index

Nikola Tomic
on Sep 19, 2015 at 2:09:49 am

Hm it is very strange.

I've load this file into my Illustrator CC and when hit CTRL+K, open prefs window and set increments to 1 px - both objects move the same speed. When set it to 0.1 px - left moves lets say - 1 px, and the right object moves 0.1 px...

What it might be? Probably problems with my settings?

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Sep 19, 2015 at 4:07:39 pm

Maybe you have snap to grid turned on and some grid setting that makes them behave strangely?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]