FORUMS: list search recent posts

Snap to Grid not working for clipped objects

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cameron Hawkins
Snap to Grid not working for clipped objects
on Sep 13, 2015 at 6:32:29 pm

I know a lot of people have had problems with the snap-to-grid function with regard to how it interacts with the pixel grid. My problem is a little different;I have no problem whatsoever aligning new objects to the grid.

But I am working with a large number of clipped objects, trying to align them on a page, and I find that the snap to grid function just doesn't work for them at all. It may be aligning them to some grid, but it is not one that I can see or have access to.

There seems to be a boatload of discussion about snap-to-grid issues online, but I can't find anything pertaining to this specifically. This is really affecting my productivity, because I have to manually input the coordinates for each object.

Anyone with some in-depth knowledge have any ideas about why Illustrator is treating these objects differently? Anyone have any ideas about how to solve this?

For reference––
• I'm using CS6, which I purchased directly from Adobe in 2012
Snap to Grid is ON
• Grid is set to 10 subdivisions every 10 millimeters
Align to Pixel Grid is OFF
Align New Objects to Pixel Grid is OFF
Use Preview Bounds is ON
• The clipped objects being moved are precisely 57x87mm.
• Alignment is set to measure from top-right corner
• Artboard is aligned with the grid (from top-right corner)
• Flattening the object has no effect.

(Also–not sure this is relevant––I took a guess that it might have to do with the position of the group of objects that were being clipped, so I released the mask and aligned each individual component to the grid, and then re-applied the mask. Weirdly, this caused them to sporadically behave well, and align themselves to the grid when being moved by the keyboard directional arrows about half the time.)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]