FORUMS: list search recent posts

make a single path from break path to import it into after effects as a single joined path

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
shraddha sejpal
make a single path from break path to import it into after effects as a single joined path
on Sep 12, 2015 at 6:44:28 am

hello there..

M in a problem.

i want to import a path into after effects, but it came into many mask layer or path layer.
I have an object of a boat into illustrator. but it has many sub layer of different paths.

can anybody have a suggestion or idea about how to make it a single path of that object..

Thanks & regards..

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
Re: make a single path from break path to import it into after effects as a single joined path
on Sep 14, 2015 at 7:41:04 pm

Separate paths are separate paths. If you draw anything that is made from more than a single continuous line, you will get multiple paths.

I just don't see how you would draw a complex shape like a ship with a single path.

What is it that you are trying to do with it in After Effects?

Return to posts index

shraddha sejpal
Re: make a single path from break path to import it into after effects as a single joined path
on Sep 16, 2015 at 12:38:17 pm

hey there..

I am working on a whiteboard project and they required to make some scenario with hand drawing object.

I was thinking that if single path is possible than i will import it into after effects and than will animate it with trim paths.

That is why i asked this in my thread.

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Sep 16, 2015 at 12:54:36 pm

Then I would suggest looking into using the Stroke effect with masks. You can select "All masks" from the effect settings, and it will use all of the masks on a layer, no need to combine them. Animating from 0 to 100% it will draw the entire picture.

Return to posts index

shraddha sejpal
on Sep 16, 2015 at 1:01:35 pm

wowwwww... thank you so much. really thank you.. it helps me a lot.

Now do you have any idea about hand animation.
I mean i have to animate it according to the path.

Do you have something about how to do that easily??

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Sep 16, 2015 at 1:09:00 pm
Last Edited By Kalle Kannisto on Sep 16, 2015 at 1:12:12 pm

An experimental idea comes to mind:

Use Stroke effect with settings that essentially create a dot moving along the path, render out, then track the dot, apply the motion to a null, attach hand to null.

There will undoubtedly be some large jumps that mess up the tracking, but you can go and do a fairly large search area and then track as far as you can, fix position manually when coming to something the tracker can't handle, and keep going.

Possibly want to do some smoothing for the hand animation so it doesn't jump in one frame from one side of the image to the other. Although that is not necessarily an issue since the usual style is speeded-up in any case.

Return to posts index

shraddha sejpal
on Sep 16, 2015 at 1:14:00 pm

owww.. well nice idea but it is quite a lengthy process..

currently i m doing it with manually path drawing on another layer. and than i copy the path and paste it into hand's position.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]