FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transparency Question

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Bernard
Transparency Question
on Sep 6, 2015 at 3:19:49 am

Greetings. I don't use Illustrator a lot but I do work in After Effect with logo animations and I am stumped with an aspect of the transparency of parts of the logo. They say that they are at 100% and are set to a blending mode of 'normal' but they interact in some way that says there is more going on than that. See the attached image. If anyone has an idea as to what might be going on there let me know. Thanks !

Return to posts index

Steve Crook Jr
Re: Transparency Question
on Sep 6, 2015 at 10:26:46 am

I cannot say for certain...

Maybe... Are they both in the same group? If that is the case, perhaps the effect is on the group, not the individual items.

Steve Crook, Jr.
http://www.stevecrookjr.me

I am a simple creative professional that can get my Adobe suite and a few other creative tools to do what I want. Barely. :)

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Sep 6, 2015 at 11:06:33 am

Is the other object also set to Normal, 100% opacity?

As Steve said, group settings can override object level settings, so if it is grouped (even one object can be a group), ungroup it.

Return to posts index

Mike Bernard
on Sep 6, 2015 at 6:34:45 pm

Ok, so the individual pieces are actually grouped and when I ungroup them I see that they are set to 'multiply' which makes sense. Weird that they would be grouped just on their own though is it not ? What would doing that help you with ?

Thanks
Mike

Return to posts index

Kalle Kannisto
on Sep 8, 2015 at 7:51:42 am

Your guess is as good as mine.

Perhaps the shapes were created with two circles which were grouped at some point, or there were originally more objects to the group which were deleted but the grouping remained.

If objects are imported from a different program or file format even stranger things can happen. For instance with PDF's you may get additional clipping masks, groups, and sometimes inexplicably grouped or compound objects you can't take apart with usual means. Often you can handle them by ungrouping, or by releasing the compound shape, multiple times, but not always.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]