FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adjusting logo background color?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Cook
Adjusting logo background color?
on Aug 3, 2015 at 5:48:52 pm

On a business card, a logo (a vector illustration) has area that is supposed to be transparent and let the color in the background show through. But this logo seems to have a gray cast rather than letting through the background.

Card

Card without graphics

As you can see in the figure of the card without graphics, the "glow" behind the logo and the text are effectively the same, gold fading to white, (the text's "glow" is a bit darker--it's adjusted to 80 percent). But if you look within the logo, it's a gray color where white should be showing through.

I see the color difference between these "glows" and want to make the logo truly transparent so that white shows through, or make the "glow" behind the text the same shade as the logo. The effect of the difference between these 2 colors is distracting.

Is that clear as mud? (c;

The "glow" behind the logo is a radial gradient of the background color. The "glow" behind the text are created elements.

I think my preference is to make the glow behind the text a color to match the "gray" of the logo. I can't find the control for that. I'd also like to have the option to adjust the logo's transparency (the white space) to let more of the background show through. Then I can try adjusting both of these and decide which looks best.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Illustrator CS5, Mac OS X 10.9.5

Return to posts index

Dave Cook
Re: Adjusting logo background color?
on Aug 3, 2015 at 6:02:42 pm

Addendum:

Apparently the gray cast of the "white" area within the logo is due to the drop-shadow. It's currently set to 63 percent. If I adjust this to 0 percent the white of the background shows through. But then there's no drop-shadow. )c:

So I guess I want to leave that alone and to instead adjust the color of the "glow" behind the text to match the gray of the logo.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Illustrator CS5, Mac OS X 10.9.5

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]