FORUMS: list search recent posts

Text box and rotation?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Beth Booker
Text box and rotation?
on Jul 26, 2015 at 2:14:28 am

Can anyone tell me what I've done to make my text do this, and how to correct it? I just need it to rotate normally - with the angle of the box. I've already reset my preferences, hoping that would work. But it didn't.
Thanks!

Return to posts index

Steve Crook Jr
Re: Text box and rotation?
on Jul 26, 2015 at 12:33:19 pm

It looks to me like you used the text in a path tool instead of the normal text tool.

I don't have AI with me at the moment, so I can't give specific names, but basically if you click and hold on the text tool in the toolbox a flyout shows up where you can choose the various text tools. When that flyout shows up, click on the TOP one for the normal text tool.

Once you have the normal text tools selected, you can then add text two ways.

1) Click & type. Just as it says, click somewhere (although, do make certain that you are not clicking on the edge of a path) and start typing. Your text will show up and you adjust it as needed.

2) Click, draw box, then type. With this method, you create an area type box... your text will not leave the bounding area.

With either of these methods, rotating the bounding box while the text is selected will rotate the text inside.

Have fun!

Steve Crook, Jr.
http://www.stevecrookjr.me

I am a simple creative professional that can get my Adobe suite and a few other creative tools to do what I want. Barely. :)

Return to posts index

Beth Booker
on Jul 26, 2015 at 2:39:56 pm

Thanks, Steve.
I thought the same thing last night and made sure I was using the correct text tool. So, unless mine have gotten crossed somehow, (!), that's not it.

Interestingly enough, a friend is having the same problem. My work-around for now, is to make the text Outline and work with it from there. But that's a pain in the butt if you need to change the text in any way.

Any more ideas?! ;) Oh, btw, I have Illustrator CS 5.1

Thanks!
B

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on Jul 27, 2015 at 3:03:33 am

After you select the text object click R to enable the Rotate Tool, then rotate. I was surprised to see this also. Maybe this is a 'newer' behavior.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Beth Booker
on Jul 27, 2015 at 3:16:39 am
Last Edited By Beth Booker on Jul 27, 2015 at 3:25:37 am

Leave it to me to find something new and different that messes up! ;)

Vince, that totally worked for some reason! Wow! Thanks!!
I appreciate the help, guys!
Beth

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]