FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering is incorrect

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Phillip Mullen
Rendering is incorrect
on Jul 15, 2015 at 7:48:57 pm

For some reason whenever I try to render the file as a rater image, it looks wrong. It seems like the layers are rendered in the incorrect order, leaving things like drop shadows above some of the objects, just some of them not all. Even objects with the exact same color and in the same group render above or below the drop shadow which is applied to the group as a whole.

I am trying to export with CMYK and Transparency and have tried every conceivable format, but they all come out wrong.

As you can see, only some of the white words disappear and the drop shadow seems to interfere with only some of the lighter orange rings (which is in multiple parts, but within the same group and filled with the exact same color).

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Rendering is incorrect
on Jul 16, 2015 at 3:27:14 pm

Have you tried importing into photoshop? That's what I usually do since illustrator's raster abilities are not the greatest (imo).

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Phillip Mullen
on Jul 16, 2015 at 5:06:41 pm

Yes I have. the colours come out the same, and that wouldn't exactly solve the problem. What if I didn't have Photoshop?

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on Jul 16, 2015 at 9:41:34 pm

I might try creating an expanded version of the text, that you hide below the live text, they apply the shadow to it as a single group or compound path.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Phillip Mullen
on Jul 16, 2015 at 9:45:34 pm

I just figured it out actually.

Somehow the objects' fills became "overprint" fills... I don't know how, but I used the attribute panel and cmd.+ A to turn off the overprint setting. This fixed everything.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on Jul 16, 2015 at 9:51:33 pm

Overprint! yeah, I should have thought of that. I've done that a couple times, too. Glad it works for you now!

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]