FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't snap to an intersecting line when adding a new point to a line.

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Aymond
Can't snap to an intersecting line when adding a new point to a line.
on Jun 8, 2015 at 5:39:22 pm

I'm not terribly good at explaining visual problems through text, so I made a minute-and-a-half video explaining the issue I'm having:

But basically, I have two intersecting lines (one horizontal, one vertical), and I would like to create a new point on the horizontal line where the horizontal meets the vertical line. While having snap enabled, Illustrator isn't showing the prompt for placing a point on an intersecting line, and I can't for the life of me figure out how to make it do so. Illustrator won't allow me to do this on one computer, but it will let me do so on another. I've checked the preferences for Illustrator on both computers, and they're completely identical. I'm running CC 2014 on both. Does anyone have a clue what to do?

Thank you so much for your time.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Can't snap to an intersecting line when adding a new point to a line.
on Jun 10, 2015 at 2:23:16 pm

Silly question: do you have smart guides on? What version of AI are you using?

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Stephen Aymond
on Jun 10, 2015 at 3:21:44 pm

Yes, smart guides are turned on. I'm running the 2014.1.0 Release, 18.1.0 on both computers.

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on Jun 10, 2015 at 3:30:32 pm

Could you create a rectangle or horizontal path, then put it into the desired horizontal position. Then position the horizontal guide.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Stephen Aymond
on Jun 10, 2015 at 4:11:39 pm

The rectangles aren't my issue. They were just a part of a setup that simplifies the issue I'm having. Ultimately, I just want to know why the same version of Illustrator with the same preferences would behave differently on two different computers. I should be able to make a new point on any line where it intersects another line. I've always been able to do that, except for on this new computer. It's driving me crazy..

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]