I have an Illustrator file that I created and then saved. When I tried to reopen the file I got the error message:
Offending operator: Bg
-293.6436 3.81445 -303.502 -12.5605 -314.9639 -24.0186 c
1 (Unnamed gradient 2) 0 0 90 1 1 0 0 1 0 0 Bg
What is it??
Is there a way to repair this file?
1. Log on to your computer and open Adobe Illustrator. If the program automatically saved any Illustrator files prior to the crash, those files will be listed in the Recently Used list. To see these files, click on the "File" menu and look at the bottom of the list. Highlight the file you were working on and attempt to open it.
2. See if you have any built-in recovery tools on your system. McAfee, Symantec and other makers of antivirus protection often include file recovery tools in their full security suites.
3. Download a file recovery tool if you do not have one installed already. Many of these tools are freely available. Even many of the pay programs include a free trial period, so you can test them to see if they are able to recover your lost files.
4. Open the file recovery software and browse to the folder where your Adobe Illustrator files are saved. The file recovery package will automatically highlight the recoverable files. Click on those files and choose "Recover" from the menu.
5. Open Adobe Illustrator, open your recovered files and make sure they display correctly. Save a copy of the files to a separate location on your hard drive. This will give you a backup you can use if your computer crashes again.
Hey there, sounds like the bg layer may be causing an issue. It's trying to give you specifics. Could be a bad object. When you saved, what options did you use (if you used default without making changes, what are your defaults?