FORUMS: list search recent posts

Silver Logo turns brons after save

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nadine Brauns
Silver Logo turns brons after save
on May 12, 2015 at 10:40:09 pm

Hi, I have a problem, i made a silver logo in Illustrator but it turns brons when i save it as Jpeg.
Does is something have to do with the saving settings or do i have to do something with the actual silver parts inside the logo itself?
Many thanks if someone can help me out.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Silver Logo turns brons after save
on May 13, 2015 at 1:48:21 pm

Ok, couple questions first: is your ai file rgb or cmyk? Also, are you saving to JPEG from illustrator?

First off, illustrator has terrible color management for raster graphics. Maybe Adobe does it on purpose to make you use photoshop. Anyhow, import the ai file into illustrator in its native mode (ie: rgb or cmyk). I should mention to also change your photoshop to use adobe rgb and swop 2 for colors before opening anything. If the ai file is rgb, it should come through more or less how it should. If the ai file is cmyk, first convert to the mode to 16 but then convert to rgb, then convert to 8 bit.

If none of that works, can you send the file?

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Nadine Brauns
on May 16, 2015 at 11:06:06 am

Opening the ai cmyk file in photoshop and then covert it to 16 and 8 bit worked out perfectly!

Too bad that Illustrator has bad color management would make things so much easier.
Anyways, thanks alot for your help!

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on May 16, 2015 at 7:05:48 pm

Awesome! Glad to hear. You can also convert CMYK > Lab > RGB, but you can get weird results (maybe it's just me). Illustrator just doesn't have some of the more complex color correction I think because Photoshop does. Either a marketing technique or a practical consideration since many do their final conversions in Photoshop and/or a RIP anyway.

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]