FORUMS: list search recent posts

Overwrite Named View

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Stone
Overwrite Named View
on May 6, 2015 at 10:53:58 pm

Is there a way to overwrite a named view? Every time I add a new layer to my document, that layer is automatically 'on' in all of my previously named views. I could fix this if I load the view, turn off needed layers, and then save over the named view. However, If I go to View>New View and enter the same name as the view I want to overwrite, I get the message "Cant add a custom view. That name is already taken" This means I have to delete the view, and then save a new one. So effectively, anytime I add a new layer, all my saved views are destroyed

Alternatively a way to add layers but keep them off in any existing views would be an even more desirable solution...

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Peter Stone
Re: Overwrite Named View
on May 11, 2015 at 10:25:58 pm

Found an odd but usable workaround, If you add new layers and want them to remain off in previously named views, first save a new view with all of the new layers turned off. Then, make any new views with the new layers. If you save a view with a new layer on, that new layer is automatically turned on in all previously saved views.

Is there a way to use saved views in scripting? Id like to be able to export each named view as a PNG, so how could I edit something like the exporting script linked below to use named views instead of artboards?

http://www.ericson.net/content/2011/06/export-illustrator-layers-andor-artb...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]