FORUMS: list search recent posts

Illustrator keeps changing the colour I set

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kirill Aliev
Illustrator keeps changing the colour I set
on Apr 13, 2015 at 2:05:50 pm

I've never had this problem before but now that I have it it bothers me way more than it should.

So I have a gradient which flows into a solid colour object. This gradient goes from one colour to a deep blue (R:0 G:0 B:34). When I try to set the solid object's colour to 0 0 34 it stays that way until I deselect the object. Then it changes to a greyish blue (R:13 G:14 B:33). I have no idea why this happens and have absolutely no idea where this number comes from. Even If I save the colour I want in the swatch it shows the name "R=0 G=0 B=34" but it actually is R:13 G:14 B:33.

I've tried restarting illustrator, restarting my mac and opening new documents in other programs. Does anyone know what could be going wrong for it to change the colour this way? Thank you in advance.

Return to posts index

Steve Crook Jr
Re: Illustrator keeps changing the colour I set
on Apr 14, 2015 at 2:30:00 pm

The only time I have encountered anything like what you describe is when I am working with my document in CMYK mode.

In general, you should work in RGB mode for screen and film, and in CMYK for any form of print output - you didn't say what your project is.

You can check which mode your document is in by File > Document Color Mode...

As far as the swatch goes, AI may be making the swatch with the correct values in RGB, but converting the colors to CMYK when you apply it.

I hope this helps you solve your problem, if not, it is outside my knowledge.

Steve Crook, Jr.
http://www.stevecrookjr.me

I am a simple creative professional that can get my Adobe suite and a few other creative tools to do what I want. Barely. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]