FORUMS: list search recent posts

Illustrator - 3D Face

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chava Drummond
Illustrator - 3D Face
on Mar 31, 2015 at 12:22:56 pm

Dear Everyone,

I have created a path representing the side profile of a character's face in Illustrator, and would like to use 3D Revolve to create the other side view/generate a 3D version of the face. However, this is not working, and I am unsure whether Illustrator is even the right program to use for this purpose.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Chava

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Illustrator - 3D Face
on Apr 1, 2015 at 3:46:03 pm

So I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to accomplish. If you want a 3D object, go with a 3D program and there are dozens of tutorials that will tell you how to make a model from a photo. If your making an illustration of some form, then it would be easier to go back to basic drawing techniques and fill in the visual information one piece at a time - illustrator works great for that. I've never been real happy with AI's 3D feature since it always tended to be resource Intensive and really only makes a 2D model with some pretty basic features. I think most (even FREE) 3D apps out there will do the same with far fewer resources and you have a model you can load into photoshop to make the final comp.

I'm interested to see what you come up with.

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]