FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone know how to convert/digitize a jpeg file into a DST embroidery stitch file??

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Ponsness
Anyone know how to convert/digitize a jpeg file into a DST embroidery stitch file??
on Feb 3, 2015 at 7:32:32 pm

Anyone know how to convert/digitize a jpeg file into a DST embroidery stitch file?? PLEASE?? I just need the green and white colors as I am going to stitch them on a black hat!

Return to posts index

Steve Crook Jr
Re: Anyone know how to convert/digitize a jpeg file into a DST embroidery stitch file??
on Feb 4, 2015 at 3:57:40 pm

While embroidery programs like Tajima DG/ML have a tracing feature, they do not produce optimal results automatically - a skilled user of the program still needs to adjust the results. (I am not skilled, I am learning...)

Advice: search "digitize logo embroidery" and evaluate the services offered there. You may look at the "do it yourself for free videos", but keep in mind the resulting artwork will likely not be the quality you are looking for.

Steve Crook, Jr.
http://www.stevecrookjr.me

I am a simple creative professional that can get my Adobe suite and a few other creative tools to do what I want. Barely. :)

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Anyone know how to convert/digitize a jpeg file into a DST embroidery stitch file??
on Feb 4, 2015 at 8:59:49 pm

My understanding is the file format is a sort of "plot" kinda like a DXF file. Basically, it's a sort of vector file (not really, but that's how I think of it). I have seen converters from JPEG to this unique file format, but, unless you plan to do a lot of this and buy the software, you are better off hiring someone to convert the file(s) for you - these are pretty inexpensive services. You could also talk to local embroiderers and see what they suggest.

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]