FORUMS: list search recent posts

Illustrator CC 2014 - how to remove / change transparency

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
Illustrator CC 2014 - how to remove / change transparency
on Nov 26, 2014 at 1:07:10 am
Last Edited By Scott Roberts on Nov 26, 2014 at 1:08:35 am

I noticed that after setting an objects transparency to 60%, then trimming it using another object using pathfinder minus front, it's transparency changes to 100% in the transparency panel, but it still appears as if it's 60%. So, if I want the object to then appear as having NO transparency, I'm unable to find a setting or tool to do that since it already says 100% in the transparency panel.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Portfolio

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Illustrator CC 2014 - how to remove / change transparency
on Nov 26, 2014 at 2:56:31 pm

Illustrator can be tricky at times. Make sure the correct object is selected (make sure you have the fill not the stroke - that kind of thing). To be absolutely sure, check the Appearances palette to be sure the right bits are set to the right opacity.

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Nov 27, 2014 at 5:31:15 am

Hi! Thanks for your reply. It occurs if I have a compound path made up of two or more objects with transparency, then trimming those objects - they no longer reflect a 60% value for transparency, but 100%. The object appears to have transparency, however it's value is 100%, so it can never go back to being 100% opaque.

Portfolio

Return to posts index

César Vizarreta Pizarro
on Jul 17, 2015 at 7:55:18 pm

Hi Scott Roberts, I read your problem because I had the same one. And I found the solution (If you have not found the solution). On the layer with the object you had with transparency, go to its sublayer, and then aplay transparency to THAT sublayer, and you will find the original transparency value you edited before. Hope it helps you and everyone who have the same problem
Regards!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]