FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color issue copying and pasting from one Illustrator document to ANOTHER Illustrator document

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danielle Attinella
Color issue copying and pasting from one Illustrator document to ANOTHER Illustrator document
on Nov 3, 2014 at 5:10:08 pm

This problem has been puzzling our department- this isn't an issue of copying and pasting from Photoshop to Illustator, or from an RGB to CYMK.

We are copying a visually bright red logo (a compound path) from a CYMK Illustrator document to another CYMK Illustrator document, and each time when pasted the logo appears very dulled.

We can select the compound path and manually enter the correct CYMK color, but it would be great to know why this is happening!

Any help or leads would be GREATLY appreciated.

THANKS!
-Danielle

Return to posts index

Steve Crook Jr
Re: Color issue copying and pasting from one Illustrator document to ANOTHER Illustrator document
on Nov 4, 2014 at 4:01:31 pm

Hm. My first thought would be a CMYK/RGB issue, but you say you have checked that.

Without a sample file, all I can ask is if you can reproduce the error with all new files? Create a new file, draw a new object out two, and paste them into another new document. Does the error persist?

Good luck!

Steve Crook, Jr.
http://www.stevecrookjr.me

I am a simple creative professional that can get my Adobe suite and a few other creative tools to do what I want. Barely. :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]