FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to achieve this effect in Illustrator

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Laurits Rytter Hansen
How to achieve this effect in Illustrator
on Oct 1, 2014 at 8:14:33 pm

Hi
wierd question. I just saw this effect and I think it looks awesome so my question is, do any of you guys know what this effect is called and maybe how to achieve this effect in a simple way, (the grunge kind of effect), or maybe a tutorial on this.

Thanks

- Laurits

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: How to achieve this effect in Illustrator
on Oct 2, 2014 at 10:58:00 pm

I'm not sure exactly what you mean.
For the play button - I might print the clean design and do a pen & ink tracing, on a window or lightboard, in a grunge or distressed style. Then scan at a high resolution and redraw or Live Trace.
Or, maybe you could just find a grunge style vector icon library.
The only other grunge that I might see in this example is the purple background gradient. It would probably be best to produce this as a high resolution TIF in Photoshop, as a pure vector would have a ton of vector shapes.
You could potentially create a Scatter Brush in AI, out of an appropriate brush pattern, but again, if you need a vector it would result in a great many vector objects.
Another approach might be to start in Photoshop, then do a 3-color Live Trace in AI.
Nothing simple.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Laurits Rytter Hansen
Re: How to achieve this effect in Illustrator
on Oct 5, 2014 at 10:26:22 pm

Hi
I was thinking about the grunge texture :) but thank you I will try that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]