FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batching Illustrator Files into One File for printer

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Galen Garner
Batching Illustrator Files into One File for printer
on Sep 24, 2014 at 8:27:04 pm

Hello Friends! New here, so hopefully I can get some help and also provide helpful insight.

I am currently looking for a way to take multiple .ai files that are circular designs (of floor signs) and batch them together evenly distributed within another .ai file for our printer. The "larger".ai file should be 48x98 and the various circular signs will either be 17.5 or 22 inches.

I realize that I can open each individual file and copy the contents and then paste them within the the new Illustrator file. What I am hoping for is a streamline solution or script idea that will take the files that I need printed and them evenly distributing themselves within my 48x98 art file.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best Regards,

Galen

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Batching Illustrator Files into One File for printer
on Sep 26, 2014 at 1:04:07 pm

Your printer should already have a RIP that can do that. When I worked in a print shop, we used photoshop to put jobs together for a wide format canon (set the page size to the printer page size), but we eventually bought a RIP that did it much faster and easier. This was 8 years ago. Also, Indesign would be a much better tool for layout than illustrator or photoshop.

As for automating it, you can write a script I suppose, but this is basically trying to code what a RIP does.

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]