FORUMS: list search recent posts

News project

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dalia Elali
News project
on Sep 9, 2014 at 7:19:43 am

Hi everyone :)

Okay so I'm doing this small project related to news. I created the word: NEWS and added a little extrude and bevel to every letter. Now I want to wrap a small article I wrote around it (from every angle) and I don't know how to do that. Can someone please help me? I'll really appreciate it. Thank you guys so much!

Return to posts index

Per Arne Sandvik
Re: News project
on Sep 9, 2014 at 12:58:51 pm

If you want a seamless texture to cover the main face and the bevel, you're probably out of luck. Illustrator applies textures to one surface at a time, and the main surface and the bevel will be treated separately.

Anyway, to apply textures (vector graphics or bitmap) to a 3D object, place the desired texture into your Illustrator document. Then, drag it into the symbol palette (Window > Symbols) and click "OK" when a dialogue box pops up.

In the Extrude and bevel menu, click "Map art". Depending on the complexity of the 3D geometry, you'll have a few or a lot of surfaces to choose from in the top right box. Note that when you step through these, you can see the surfaces highlit in the document if previews are turned on. Apply and scale your texture.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]