FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any tips on how too...?

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bur Ci
Any tips on how too...?
on Aug 27, 2014 at 8:59:05 pm

Howdy all,

I've been trying to figure out how to get my photo to resemble some of the attached rustic floral illustrations in photoshop. I have tried to destaure colors and add gradients to get them to look like my desired aesthetic. If anyone might know how to achieved this look I'd definitely appreciate it.

The first Pic is of my flower and the rest contain the aesthetic i'd like.

cheers!!!

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Any tips on how too...?
on Aug 28, 2014 at 2:18:04 pm

Well, 2 things: 1) you should post in the photoshop forum (this is for illustrator) and 2) it's really not clear what you're asking ... Ie: are you trying to convert the flower photo to the second image or are you trying do the printed materials or is it something else. I suggest reposting in the photoshop forum and be more specific with what you are seeking or you won't likely get any (good) answers.

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Bur Ci
on Aug 28, 2014 at 7:30:04 pm

Jonathan,

Oh wow, I didn't know that my questions was all over the place. I did in fact, post this question in both the Photoshop and Illustrator forums as I thought the look could be accomplished using both mediums. I will ask once more, in a concrete fashion of course.

but just in case anyone pops into this thread the question is, I am attempting to achieve this rustic (vintage) floral look using a flower I shot on my camera. I have tried several things, but cannot achieve the almost illustrated look that I seek. It will be printed on a paper medium, so overlook the wooden piece. It was posted to give off the basic look I wanted to achieve- of course when printed on wood it takes on a different textural aesthetic.

Burci

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on Aug 28, 2014 at 10:51:48 pm

Hi there, okay, that is much clearer. :)

It looks like the basic differences with your flower and the image with the card are:

1) the greens have been pushed towards yellow a bit (that's the hue/sat layer), the reds towards orange and overall a drop in saturation.
2) some curves adjustments (lots of individual s-curves) - start with cross process default and then make s-curve adjustments to each color to get the right look.

It could have been accomplished by using one of the default LUTs (in PS CS6+: Layer > Adjustment Layer > Color Lookup...) - look in the abstracts. Maybe Gold-Amber or Green-Red or just play with them for a bit.

I nearly always use multiple layers of adjustments and play with the adjustment opacity, blending mode, masks, etc. When you're done, bring it into Illustrator and make your clipping masks. :)

Hope this helps.

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Bur Ci
on Aug 29, 2014 at 8:35:53 pm

Jonathan,

Thanks a lot! I will give it a go and make it work. You may be onto something with the Lut's so I will defintely go that route and fiddle with the image.

Thanks again!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]