Need to join 2 point in Illustrator cc

COW Forums : Adobe Illustrator

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rodeen Visser-Ludick
Need to join 2 point in Illustrator cc
on Aug 24, 2014 at 10:33:24 am

Hi Guys

I am a newdbie in illustrator.

I am doing a tutorial in Illustrator CC : (Create An Awesome Space Rocket Avatar in Illustrator)

This is what I need to do:

Now window-select the top points, hit Ctrl+J on your keyboard to activate the Join function. A dialog will appear, choose Corner. This way the rocket’s tip will be sharp. No respectable space rocket has a rounded tip!

I can not activate the Join Function like in pics ? Mine automatically join with no Join Function box. Are there a setting I need to activate to get the Function box to show ?

Please help.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Need to join 2 point in Illustrator cc
on Aug 26, 2014 at 5:20:28 pm

Might want to reset your dialog boxes. There might be an issue with the join and you may not be getting the warning. In General Preferences (Preferences: General?), click the button to reset all warning dialogs.

Try doing this: create a line with the pen tool, switch to the arrow (V), select the line, go to edit > copy, then edit > "paste in front," use the Direct Selection (A) arrow and DRAG to select one of the points (it will select both the top and bottom points. With them selected, hit join and you should see the dialog. If you do, then your other join operation may have a problem and you should reset the warnings.

Save early. Save often.

Jonathan Ziegler

http://www.electrictiger.com
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]